Friday, April 24, 2009

Why?!

This is my first entry in my first blog.

I have never been one to keep a diary or take a lot of notes. I don't really even like writing all that much. That said, I think now is the right time and youth sports / coaching kids / volunteering is the right topic. Why? I love coaching and inspiring kids through sports, teamwork, and sportsmanship. I like teaching, and I like seeing them "get it". I've been coaching my son, Alex for almost 4 years now through many sports, and have begun my first season of coaching my daughter, Nikki. I was also involved in coaching younger kids when I was growing up. During that time, I have seen a lot of bad coaches. I have seen TERRIBLE coaches. I have seen marginal coaches, and I have encountered some very excellent coaches. I have also met many parents - some just happy to have their kids involved. Some wanting to coach (or assist) but not knowing how. Some wonderful, some obnoxious. If you are interested in any of these topics, then maybe this blog is for you.

I hope to share everything from little stories to drill ideas. Some topics may be "from the archives", while others might be fresh that day. I will cover basketball, baseball, football, and soccer - not sure my knowledge is the same depth and breadth across all of those, but I'm sure you'll quickly find how I feel about each...

Your comments will always be welcome. I would prefer welcome, thoughtful comments - but I realize this is the Internet...

Happy coaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment