Sunday, May 3, 2009

This blog really should be a website...

I was looking through the first 10 posts, and it seems like there's a lot good information. Practices, drills, thoughts - wow... Alright. Now that I'm done patting myself on the back, I am wondering - how the heck is anyone going to make heads or tails out of any of this? What happens if you're looking for "football stuff" and there's all the soccer and baseball stuff mixed in? What if you're more about the "random thoughts" and less about the technical details?

I've been doing some research on other youth sports websites. Thankfully, there are a few worthwhile, but I haven't found one I really liked yet (although, you'll see links to some of the better ones here soon). So, I'm thinking about setting up a real site, then having the blog as a compliment to that. Yeah, that's gonna take time and effort - but we have a Mac!

On another note, our spring seasons are winding down - just 1 game left for both soccer and football. But - maybe even more than other seasons - I am extremely proud of both teams. Those kids have all worked very, very hard, and gotten much better over the course of the season! We'll continue on with 5-year-old soccer in the gym for the summer, and also 8 and 9-year old basketball (where the real fun starts). I'm sure there will be plenty more about that as those seasons get closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment